Friday, February 19, 2010

Why I'm Writing This Book

I just saw this story from my home state of Texas: http://www.texastribune.org/stories/2010/feb/17/meet-flintstones/

Yes, I grew up in this den of perpetual goofiness. Don't get me wrong. I love Texas. I love Willie and Shiner Beer and the Alamo and even the Dallas Cowboys. What I don't love is the crap the political establishment does to keep Texans dumb.

Highlights from the poll:

"38 percent said human beings developed over millions of years with God guiding the process and another 12 percent said that development happened without God having any part of the process. Another 38 percent agreed with the statement 'God created human beings pretty much in their present form about 10,000 years ago.'"

"Did humans live at the same time as the dinosaurs? Three in ten Texas voters agree with that statement; 41 percent disagree, and 30 percent don't know."

No comments:

Post a Comment